FIThydro addresses the decision support in commissioing and operating hydropower plants (HPP) by use of existing and innovative technologies. It concentrates on mitigation measures and strategies to develop cost-effecient environmental solutions and on strategies to avoid individual fish damage and enhancing population developments. Therefore HPPS all over Europe are involved as test sites.
- Bringing together all disciplines related to hydropower
- Assessing the response and resilience of fish populations in HPP affected rivers
- Environmental impact assessment and species protection
- Improving gish and fisheries impact mitigation strategies using conventional and innovative cost efficient measures
- Enchancing methods models and tools to cope with EU obligation
- Identifying bottlenecks of HPPs and deriving cost efficient mitigation strategies
- Risk based Decision Support System (DSS) for planning, commissioning and operating of HPPs
- Enhancing problem awareness and objectiveness of policy implementer, NGOs and the public
- Develop methods and test them in 13 Test Case Sites i 4 Focus Regions
- 26 partners from Germany, Portugal, France, Spain, UK, Switzerland, Estonia, Belgium, Austria and Norway
- SINTEF Energy Research, NTNU, Statkraft og Sweco from Norway
Financed by the EU H2020 program.