The eDrilling System consists of the following elements:
- An advanced and fast Integrated Drilling Simulator (IDS) capable of modeling the different drilling sub-processes dynamically, and also the interaction between these sub-processes in real time.
- A Data Quality Module (DQM)
- Link to reservoir description.Real time supervision methodology for the well construction process using time based drilling data as well as drilling models / the IDS
- Methodology for diagnosis of the drilling state and conditions (cuttings loading, tendency to get stuck, influx etc.)
- Advisory technology for more optimal drilling
- A virtual wellbore, with advanced 3D visualization of the downhole process
- Data flow and computer infrastructure
The main focus of the eDrilling System is to provide real time supervision and decision support during drilling. It enables decision makers to have better insight into the status of the well and thus make better and quicker decisions. The eDrilling System is now being commercialized by the company eDrilling Solutions, partly owned by SINTEF Petroleum Research.
Download our brochure (pdf)