At SINTEF Digital, we firmly believe that digitalization is a key driver for the transition to a greener, more sustainable economy. As software continues to revolutionize industry, smart cities, and our interaction with the natural environment, there is a growing need to make them trustworthy and sustainable. The mission of the Trustworthy Green IoT Software (GIoT) research group is to develop innovative tools and methodologies for creating intelligent, trustworthy (secure, privacy-preserving, and safe), and sustainable software systems that operate seamlessly across the IoT, edge, and cloud continuum. We are a highly international community, carrying out R&I projects together with Norwegian and European partners over a broad range of application areas – from various industry domains (manufacturing, energy, health, maritime, agrifood).
The GIoT group at SINTEF Digital currently consists of 9 researchers. With a fast-growing demand for our expertise, we are looking for ambitious research scientists interested in joining one of the leading European research teams in the field of software engineering and AI.
At SINTEF, we deliver projects in collaboration with industry and public sector. SINTEF researchers take pride in the project results they achieve, while actively disseminating both to the academic community and society at large.
You will be working together with your colleagues on challenges related to data pipelines and workflows across edge, fog and cloud computing, data sharing, as well interoperability and semantics for digital twins, using the latest of big data technologies and artificial intelligence.
Who are you?
- You are an early-stage researcher (PhD) in computer science or related fields, with high ambitions to make an impact in the real world as well as in the academic community.
- You enjoy complex challenges and have demonstrated ability to solve them.
- You have a profound interest in one or more of the following areas: Software Engineering for AI/ML ; AI/ML for Software Engineering, AI Engineering for the computing continuum (e.g. cloud, edge, fog); Trustworthiness and sustainability of AI.
- You can turn your creative ideas into prototypes, and it it a must to be able to write high-quality and performant code.
- You are a team player and communicate well with both colleagues and external collaborators.
- Ideally, you have experience in collaborative research projects and feel comfortable taking on responsibility as project manager.
What we can offer you:
- Being a part of one of Northern Europe’s largest institutes for applied research, with well-established scientific networks across the world.
- A fast-paced working environment that generates both excellent project results as well as high-quality scientific publications
- Unique opportunities for professional and personal growth
- A competitive salary along with social benefits as pension and insurance plans, possibility for kindergarten, relocation assistance, etc.
- A very inclusive culture, stimulating collaboration and knowledge sharing
At Sintef, we value diversity and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply to our available positions. We believe that diversity fosters innovation and a dynamic work environment.
To address gender imbalances within our department, we particularly encourage female candidates to apply for this position. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace where everyone's talents are recognized and valued.