The Norwegian maritime cluster has taken a leading role in the development of autonomous shipping. Among the initiatives, the vessel YARA Birkeland is now under construction and will be the world's first fully electric and
autonomous container ship, with zero emissions.
SINTEF Ocean is an active research partner for the maritime industry in these developments. As part of its activities, SINTEF Ocean holds the secretariat for the Norwegian Forum for Autonomous Ships (NFAS) and the International Network for Autonomous Ships (INAS).
Use this opportunity to attend the mini-seminar hosted by SINTEF Ocean to learn about some of its activities related to developments in autonomous shipping!
Coffee/tea and light snack will be served.
- Autonomous ship research priorities in SINTEF, Ørnulf Rødseth, Senior Research Scientist.
- Cost and benefits of autonomous ships in short sea transport, Håvard Nordahl, Research Scientist
- Ship design aspects of autonomous and unmanned vessels, Kourosh Koushan, Senior Adviser
- The model-simulation-experiment triangle: a new capacity in hybrid marine power systems, Anders Valland, Research Manager.
- Development of a future marine energy system: model centric approach, Kevin Koosup Yum, Research Scientist
- How to use CFD to cost-effectively reduce fuel consumption, Anders Östman, Senior Research Scientist