Lars Hov Odsæter works as research scientist in multiphase fluid flow modelling in SINTEF Energy Research. He holds an MSc in physics and mathematics and a PhD in numerical mathematics with porous media flow as main topic. Lars works in a wide selection of projects where fluid flow modelling is relevant, e.g., within hydrogen, CCS and propulsion systems.
PhD in Numerical Mathematics, NTNU, 2018.
MSc in Physics and Mathematics, NTNU, 2012.
One-year-study in Sports Sciences, Lillehammer University College, 2006.
Competence and research areas
Mathematical modelling and numerical analysis.
Modelling of multiphase fluid flows with reactions.
Flow in porous media, incl. oil and gas reservoars and CO2 storage.
Hydrogen behavoir and safety.
- Experimental Investigation into the Consequences of Release of Liquified Hydrogen onto and under Water
- Liquid Hydrogen Spills on Water—Risk and Consequences of Rapid Phase Transition
- Coupled CO2-well-reservoir simulation using a partitioned approach: effect of reservoir properties on well dynamics
- Risk and Consequences of Rapid Phase Transition for Liquid Hydrogen
- Theories and Mechanism of Rapid Phase Transition
- Dynamic Simulation of CO2 Injection Wells
- Dynamic simulation of CO2 injection wells taking the near-well reservoir into account
- Dynamic simulation of CO2 injection wells
- Thermo-fluid-dynamical modelling of salt precipitation during CO2 injection in saline aquifers, and the effect on injectivity