PhD (QMUL London, UK) 2004
Processing and properties of thermoplastic polymer composites
Competence and research areas
Broad competence in the processing and properties of plastics (thermoplastics, elastomers (e.g. rubber), composites): the materials - processing – properties relationships.
Lifetime and ageing assessments of polymer materials.
Recycling of polymers and composites (incl. recyclable composites).
Chemical compatibility of polymers in aggressive chemical environments.
Polymers in CO2 and H2 transport and storage applications.
Development and EU regulatory approval of medical devices (e.g. implants).
- Effects of CO2 on polymeric materials in the CO2 transport chain: A review
- Routes to recycle fibre reinforced polymer composites
- Technology and development of self-reinforced polymer composites
- An overview of the challenges of bringing a medical device for the spine to the market
- The effect of hydrocarbon ageing on the mechanical properties, apparent crosslink density and CO2 diffusion of a hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR)
- Long-term ISO 23936-2 sweet oil ageing of HNBR
- CO2 EPOC project: effect of CO2 on the polymeric materials within the CO2 transport chain
- Determining the PE fraction in recycled PP
- Self-Reinforced Polypropylene Composites based on Discontinuous Tapes - An Experimental and Numerical Study of the Influence of Tape Length
- The effect of hot air exposure on the mechanical properties and carbon dioxide permeability of hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR) with varying carbon black content
- HNBR elastomer composite with zero thermal contraction over a range of temperatures
- The effect of CO2 on non-metallic materials in the CCS value chain
- High temperature stability of hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR) for sealing applications
- The low temperature crystallization of hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR)
- Feasibility of using microencapsulated phase change materials as filler for improving low temperature performance of rubber sealing materials