NOWITECH - Research Network
The objective of NOWITECH is pre-competitive research laying a foundation for industrial value creation and cost-effective offshore wind farms. Emphasis is on "deep-sea" (+30 m) including bottom-fixed and floating wind turbines.
Work is focused on technical challenges including a strong PhD and post doc programme:
- Integrated numerical design tools for novel offshore wind energy concepts.
- Energy conversion systems using new materials for blades and generators.
- Novel substructures (bottom-fixed and floaters) for offshore wind turbines.
- Grid connection and system integration of large offshore wind farms.
- Operation and maintenance strategies and technologies.
- Assessment of novel concepts by numerical tools and physical experiments.
Total budget (2009-2017) is + NOK 320 millions / M€ 41 / MUSD 55 cofunded by the Research Council of Norway and NOWITECH partners.