Please note that everyone attending the workshop needs to register for the ADRA Forum.
AI, data and robots are currently being used to deliver value in inspection and maintenance (I&M) to the industry and public sector globally. However, the uptake in the market of such technologies has a vastly bigger potentially compared to what is currently realized.
To address this gap, we will focus on three main key workshop questions to be addressed during the workshop and reported on to ADRA after the workshop:
- What are the next high-value use cases for AI, data and robotics in inspection and maintenance?
- What are the current gaps (business readiness, technology readiness, regulations, etc.) that hinder large-scale uptake of such technologies in I&M?
- What strategies can European industry and research employ to capitalize on the innovations brought by novel AI algorithms, data, and robotics in I&M?
List of speakers:
- Use cases and cross-cutting challenges in inspection and maintenance. By Aksel A. Transeth (SINTEF).
- How can Generative AI impact future inspection and maintenance? By Thordur Arnason and Fredrik Borchgrevink (Capgemini).
- The role of a research organization in facilitating market uptake of AI, data and robotics in I&M. By Tsampikos Kounalakis (Danish Technological Institute, DTI).
- AI, data and drones in inspection of power distribution infrastructure. By Richard Moore (representing Field Group, senior researcher at SINTEF).
- Exploit existing data and build an AI-drive I&M strategy: tips and tricks for a cost-effective roadmap. By Veronica Brizzi and Giulia Baccarin (MIPU).
The list of speakers and presentation titles may be subject to change.
Agenda and format:
- Short introduction by Aksel Transeth introducing the ADRA topic group and highlighting the key questions for the workshop (ca. 5 min).
- Short presentations/position statements by the workshop speakers - as basis for the upcoming discussion and brainstorming (ca. 45 min).
- Plenary brainstoring and discussion moderated by Aksel Transeth. The moderator will engage the audience in active discussions to gather inputs to the key questions addressed during the workshop (ca. 35 min).
- Short summary and how to get involved further with the ADRA topic group on I&M (ca. 5 min).
The program for the full 8-9 November ADRA Forum can be found here. The Forum is organized by the AI, Data and Robotics Association (ADRA).
The workshop program is organized as collaboration between the ADRA topic group on inspection and maintenance, the RIMA Alliance, the euRobotics topic group on Inspection and Maintenance, and the RINVE network.
The workshop organizers:
- Aksel A. Transeth (SINTEF – coordinator of ADRA topic group on I&M, chair of the RIMA Alliance, coordinator of the euRobotics topic group on I&M and the RINVE network).
- Ekkehard Zwicker (Waygate – co-coordinator of the ADRA topic group on I&M and the euRobotics topic group on I&M robotics),
- Thomas Vögele (DFKI – co-chair of the RIMA Alliance), Ebert van Vonderen (TUKE – secretary of the RIMA Alliance).
- Richard Moore, Magnus Bjerkeng, and Mariann Merz (SINTEF).
Interested in further information about the ADRA topic group on AI, data and robotics in inspection and maintenance? Please contact .