Employed in SINTEF since 2007 and has more than 15 years experience in sample preparation and material characterisation, running and maintaining advanced scientific equipment and material research on a variety of materials.
2006: Cand. Scient (M.Sc) Institute of Physics, University of Oslo.
Thesis on determining the structure of an AlSiMn alloy using mainly transmission electron microscopy (TEM).
Competence and research areas
Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) incl.
- Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS)
- electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD)
Sample preparation for electron microscopy
Topography measurements using White Light Interferometry (WLI)
Automation of equipment using simple programming in Python
Using the above techniques, I characterise materials in several categories:
- CO2 capture and storage (CCS)
- Extruded aluminium profiles
- Recycled aluminium from household waste
- Additive manufactured (AM) materials based on nickel, iron or aluminium
- High entropy alloys (HEA)
- silicon wafers for solar cells
- silisides for thermo electric applications
- isolation for high voltage direct current (HVDC) cables
- food packaging materials
- pipes for transporting fish feed in fish farms