About the SIMADES simulator
SIMADES is a discrete event simulator developed by the optimisation group at SINTEF DIGITAL. It is based on an agent-based modelling approach that makes it easily configurable to multiple application domains. SIMADES can be used in various industries for strategic and tactical decision support, testing, training and education.
- Evaluation of road design
- Design of bus terminals
- Optimisation of traffic signal control scheme
- Optimisation of harbour logistics
- Fast time simulation of air-side operations at airports
- Real-time simulation for training of air traffic controllers
- Design of hospital layouts
Supply chains and logistics
- Supply chain design
SIMADES FOR traffic simulation
SIMADES is easily applicable for microsimulation of road traffic. In 2015 the simulator was used in a project where we modelled the road traffic in the Bjørvika area of Oslo. Our simulation study verified the changes necessary to achieve a significant increase of capacity for rail replacement buses. Below is a video showing some excerpts from the simulation runs and a news article (in Norwegian) about the project.