Scoop Scheduler implements a rich set of extensions to the resource constrained project scheduling problem (RCPSP), supporting:
* Multiple projects
* Minimum and maximum time lag constraints between activities
* Multiple modes (a mode is a combination of resources that can carry out an activity)
* Mode consistency constraints between activities in the same project
* "Project disjunction" constraints
* Renewable and non-reneable resources, with any capacity and calendar based availability
This model can be used to express a wide range of real world integrated planning and scheduling problems. To solve these problems, Scoop Scheduler applies a self-configuring set of optimisation methods, each with its own strengths. On-line and off-line learning is used to adapt this framework so that these methods collaborate efficiently to provide optimal, or near optimal, solutions within the time requirements of the application.
Application Programming Interface (API)
Scoop Scheduler comes with a well documented WCF-based API, for easy integration into third party planning and scheduling software. This API gives the user the ability to:
* Set up complex planning and scheduling problems
* Compute optimal or near optimal schedules in a short time
* In a dynamic planning situation:
* Make modifications to the problem definition based on new information.
* Re-schedule to accommodate the new information, while maintaining closeness to the previously accepted schedule (to minimise the disruption to operations).