The objective of NextGenBioWaste was to demonstrate innovative ways of improving the energy conversion and renewable electricity production using municipal solid waste materials and biomass for large-scale supply of renewable electricity and heating/cooling to end-users - at a more competitive cost and improved environmental parameters.
NextGenBioWaste dealth with waste and biomass feedstocks and covered the supply chain from fuel preparation, via conversion and residue handling, up to wholesale of energy.
- Co-funded by the European Commission under the Sixth Framework Programme
- Starting date: 24 February 2006
- Duration: 48 months
- Budget: 29 million €
- EU contribution: 11.5 million €
- Integrated project; research and demonstration
- Contract No: TREN/05/FP6EN/S07. 56773/019809
- Co-ordinator: SINTEF Energy research