Dr. Marco Povoli is a Senior Research Scientist at SINTEF Digital, and holds a doctoral degree from the University of Trento, Italy. He has a decade long experienced in simulation,
design, fabrication and characterization of advanced radiation detectors for applications in industry, research, medicine and space.
- (2013-2016) PostDoc at the University of Oslo.
- (2013), PhD from the ICT Doctoral school at the University of Trento.
- (2009), Master degree in Telecommunication engineering from the University of Trento, Italy.
- (2006), Bachelor degree in Telecommunication engineering from the University of Trento, Italy.
Competence and research areas
- R&D for novel radiation detectors (3D, LGAD, etc...)
- Numerical simulation (process and device) using advanced industry standard tools (Synopsys TCAD, Silvaco).
- Design of advanced radiation detectors and wafer layout.
- Planning and management of production runs for radiation detectors
- Advanced characterization of radiation detectors (electrical and functional)
- Data collection and analysis