1999 PhD in Chemistry from the University of Valladolid, Spain
Competence and research areas
Main research interest and expertise (more than 20 years) is electrochemistry in high temperature molten salts and ionic liquids, including electrowinning, electrorefining and electrodeposition.
I have wide experience in industrial metal production processes, including aluminium, magnesium, titanium, cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, silicon....
In the last 10 years my research is focused on the recovery of critical raw materials in metal form from secondary resources (valorization of waste streams).
- Solubilization of rare-earth oxides in the eutectic LiCl-KCl mixture at 450C and in the equimolar CaCl2-NaCl melt at 550C
- Electrodeposition of magnesium from the eutectic LiCl-KCl melt
- Electrochemical behaviour of dysprosium in the eutectic LiCl-KCl at W and Al electrodes
- Electrodeposition of Crystalline Silicon Films from Alkali Fluoride Mixtures
- In-situ electrochemical oxide monitoring in LiF-NdF3-Nd2O3: Application to Nd2O3 solubility determination
- Extraction of Platinum Group Metals from Spent Catalyst Material by a Novel Pyro-Metallurgical Process
- Production of Al-Sc Alloy by Electrolysis from Cryolite Melt Using Secondary Feedstock Material
- Platinum group metals recovery using secondary raw materials (platirus): Project overview with a focus on processing spent autocatalyst
- Bubble Phenomena and Bubble Properties for Horizontal and Vertical Carbon Anode Surfaces in Cryolite Melt Applying a See‐Through Cell
- Behovet for sjeldne mineraler og metaller gir oss et miljødilemma
- Dissolution and Online Monitoring of Nd and Pr Oxides in NdF3-PrF3-LiF Electrolytes
- Electrolysis of indium oxide in LiCl-KCl based molten salts with a liquid cathode
- Bubble evolution on different carbon anode designs in cryolite melt
- Gaseous emissions during rare earth electrolysis
- Recovery of Platinum Group Metals From Secondary Sources by Selective Chlorination from Molten Salt Media