Provide fundamental material and packaging knowledge for supporting realisation of reliable Pressure Tolerant Power Electronic (PTPE)components and circuits for operation depths down to 5000m.
- Identify roadmaps and possible material solutions for enabling PTPE converters up to medium voltage levels (6.6kV AC, 15kV DC)
- Characterize and demonstrate alternative materials for electric insulation of PTPE
- Find alternative methods for packaging of components and power circuits
- Demonstrate feasible solutions by live hyperbaric experiments on components and power circuits
- Strengthen the expertise and provide required facilities at SINTEF for optimizing and qualifying materials, components and complete converters
- Provide guidelines for design, test and qualification of PTPE solutions, and support upgrade of prevailing standards and specifications
- Accomplish one Post Doc scholarship on insulating material investigations
A pioneering research project financed by The Research Council of Norway, PETROMAX 2 programme and industry partners.
Total budget 22 MNOK (2.5M€) whereof 11 MNOK from The Research Council of Norway