PhD Abdelghaffar Amoka Abdelmalik completed his Post Doc work according to plans by August 2015.
In his work he has focused on developing test and characterization techniques for dielectric liquids, and studies of feasibility of liquids as insulation medium for power semiconductor components. Insulation breakdown experiments have been performed of liquid insulation candidates in the pressure range 1-100 bar under various voltage stress situations, including voltage waveforms representing power semiconductors in switch mode operation.
Publications from the Post Doc work:
- A. Abdelmalik, "Insulation for power electronics for subsea application," NTNU, Postdoctoral research report, 2015.
- A. Abdelmalik, A. Nysveen, and L. Lundgaard, "Partial Discharges in Narrow Gaps on Power Electronic Converter," in IEEE CEIDP 2014, Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena Des Moines (USA), 2014.
- A. Abdelmalik, A. Nysveen, and L. Lundgaard, "Influence of fast rise voltage and pressure on partial discharges in liquid embedded power electronics," IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 22, pp. 2770-2779, 2015.
- A. Abdelmalik, M.D. Borge, A. Nysveen, L.E. Lundgaard and D. Linhjell, "Statistical Analysis of Dielectric Breakdown of liquid insulated Printed Circuit Boards", IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 23, pp. 2303-2310, 2016
- A. Abdelmalik, A. Nysveen and L.E. Lundgaard, "Partial Discharges in Liquid Embedded Power Electronics: Effects of Pressure and Liquid Nature under Negative Pulse Voltage Stress", IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Indulation, vo. 23, pp. 1119-1125, 2016