As SINTEF’s vision is «Technology for a better society», we have been involved in the aviation industry since the beginning of the 1950s. Our research scientists work closely with the industry and offer a broad set of expertise inhouse. We believe technology and digitalization will provide the aviation industry with great opportunities and our research scientists have been working on solutions on how:
- air traffic controllers can manage more flights with the help of modern technology.
- pilots can be able to plan flights with less turbulence.
- citizens can experience less noise from an increasing number of flights.
- the future navigation and communication in the aviation domain can happen almost without expensive ground installations.
- the future flights can reduce the environmental impact with the help of modern technology.
- aviation safety and security can gain on lessons learned from other domains.
As the largest independent cross domain research organisation in Scandinavia we can help facilitating the solutions together with you. Building on our experience and state of the art research both within the aviation domain and in other domains, such as space, oil and gas, railway and road.