In October 2017, Siva awarded the first catapult centre's to Elkem in Kristiansand and SINTEF at Raufoss, which SINTEF Manufacturing applied for on behalf of NCE Raufoss. The centres will help companies with developing ideas from the concept stage to market launch in a faster, more cost effective and more skilled way. They will provide facilities, equipment and expertise that companies can use for testing, simulating or visualizing technologies, products or services.
Mini-factories and new production technologies
MTNC will develop and demonstrate innovative production processes and enabling technologies in mini-factories, in cooperation with industry and research- and educational institutions. The centre has the ambition to be a driving force in stimulating the Norwegian industry to become greener, smarter, more innovative and more productive.
– The Norwegian Catapult MTNC will be a world-class technology centre, consisting of several mini-factories, with industry 4.0 standard, for developing and testing new production technologies and new ways of working. The centre will be a new and important learning arena for both large and small businesses across different industries in Norway, says Mika Tienhaara, operation manager of MTNC.
The first mini-factory will focus on Additive Manufacturing, which is popularly called 3D printing, which is a process where objects are build layer on layer from a 3D model. In total, MTNC will consist of four to six advanced, modular and flexible mini-factories.
Briefly about MTNC
- Purpose: To enable companies to develop ideas from the concept stage to market launch in a faster, more cost effective and more skilled way
- Target group: Small and medium sized enterprises, as well as large companies, R&D environments and educational institutions
- Offer: Facilities, equipment and expertise that companies can use for testing, simulating or visualizing
- Svein Terje Strandlie, CEO SINTEF Manufacturing and manager NCE Raufoss, telephone: +47 901 01 340, e-mail: email@example.com
- Mika Tienhaara, operation manager MTNC, telephone: +47 911 05 813, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org