Autonomous vehicles rely on their ability to sense and perceive the world around them in order to perform their roles safely and effectively. Smart choice of sensing modalities and efficient design of onboard algorithms is therefore crucial for applications such as autonomous inspection and monitoring of infrastructure, drone-based tracking, and agricultural robots operating in the field.
Our expertise in this field covers:
- Exteroceptive sensors for robot guidance (including VIS, IR, LIDAR, ToF, RGB-D)
- Localisation and navigation for autonomous vehicles and drones
- Obstacle detection and collision avoidance
- End-to-end learning for robot guidance
- Real-time algorithms for highly-constrained platforms