Research group Industrial and Marine Biotechnology
Our work supports the shift to blue-green sustainable industries, and is used for the production and application of biopharmaceuticals, enzymes, ingredients, biopolymers and materials for human medicine, aquaculture, food and feed, and other sectors.
- Microbial processes, strain and process development and modelling
- Novel biopharmaceuticals
- Enzyme production and characterization
- Biomass processing, separation and new applications
- Biopolymers and biomaterials
- Fish health
- New food and feed ingredients
We have a large industry network and use our core competence, academic collaborations and state-of-the-art infrastructure to work across entire biobased value chains for solving key industrial, environmental and societal challenges.
Infrastructure platforms and competence
- Fermentation platform with micro- to pilot-scale equipment and automated systems.
- Bioinformatics and modelling.
- Molecular biology and genomic analyses.
- Processing lab for biorefinery of macroalgae and other biomasses.
- Bioprinting platform for material fabrication, 3D cell models and tissue engineering.