The competence of SINTEF related to oxides is very broad, with renowned specialists in fields such as modelling, advanced characterisation, synthesis and fabrication. The scientific understanding of oxide properties has been developed over a period of more than 30 years enabling SINTEF to gain cutting-edge expertise in several areas such as conducting membranes and electrolytes, porous electrodes, catalysts, refractories, etc.
OXIPATH makes use of this competence to create new knowledge and experience in selected segments of three emerging markets, where the development of advanced oxides is essential. The work in OXIPATH covers:
- Computational modelling of material properties
- Development of new oxide compounds
- Synthesis of oxide powders and nanofibers
- Deposition of oxide thin films
- Fabrication of oxide-based components
- Design and assembly of full cells and modules
- Evaluation of performance
- Fabrication of oxide-based demonstrator devices
OXIPATH is a three-year project that started in February 2017 with a budget of 9 mill. NOK over 3 years.