The main objective of the project was to contribute to increased flexibility in the future smart distribution grid, through demonstration and verification of technical and market-based solutions for flexibility on different voltage levels and for the benefit for different stakeholders.
This should be achieved through the following sub-objectives:
- Demonstrate and verify the potential for flexibility at active customers with consumption, generation and/or the potential for energy storage.
- Demonstrate and verify aggregated flexibility at several active customers.
- Demonstrate and verify how energy storage can be used/utilized for the benefit of the distribution grid and the power system.
- Demonstrate and verify flexible grid operation through real time monitoring and control, with use of SCADA, DMS and smart meters.
- Contribute to efficient handling of security events related to monitoring and control in the distribution grid.
- Maintain privacy with increased information due to increased monitoring and control.
Sæle, Hanne: "The impact and flexibility of PV based customers 58° North and Beyond : results from the FlexNett project"
Istad, Maren; Sæle, Hanne; Jaatun, Martin Gilje: "Fleksibel nettdrift : resultater fra piloter i FlexNett-prosjektet"
Sæle, Hanne, Istad, Maren, Garnås, Synne: "The benefit of batteries in a flexible distribution grid : results from the FlexNett project"