The overall objective of the DECARBit project was to enable zero-emission pre-combustion power plants by 2020 with a capture cost of less than 15€/ton with the highest feasible capture rate.
- To assess and research new techniques for pre-combustion CO2 capture.
- To develop advanced oxygen production techniques.
- To continue the development efforts in FP6 projects in the pre-combustion area for key enabling technologies.
- To underpin the cost reduction objective.
- To establish collaborative schemes with emerging large-scale CCS initiatives in Europe.
- To perform an assessment of the advanced pre-combustion capture techniques to the benefit of other energy intensive industries.