Health, safety and the environment are given first priority in SINTEF. The safety of our employees always comes ahead of other considerations.
- We shall maintain a sound and health-promoting working environment.
- We shall achieve zero work related absence.
- We shall incur zero levels of accident, injury, damage and loss.
- We have a clear environmental profile.
We make every effort to avoid accidents and work-related illness and injury. Our employees shall experience development and recognition through interaction and teamwork. Everyone shall be treated with respect and dignity.
Our customers shall be aware that SINTEF has effective procedures for addressing health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues in connection with our projects. We stipulate HSE requirements in relation to our suppliers and these are incorporated into our contracts.
SINTEF is registered as a qualified supplier under the Achilles Joint Qualification System. Here you will find information about our services and products, and a self-evaluation which demonstrates that we meet the requirements set out in the NORSOK standard S-006 – "HSE Evaluation of Contractors".
Health and the working environment
SINTEF aims to be an attractive workplace offering unique development opportunities to expert and determined people. We are working systematically to improve our working environment and to prevent occupational injury and sickness.
SINTEF takes external environmental issues very seriously. Such issues impact on our social responsibility, reputation and integrity. Our ambition is to be a world-leader in research into, and the development of, environmentally sustainable solutions.
Safety and security of people and material assets
At SINTEF we are working systematically to avoid accidents involving damage or personal injury. Our aim is to develop a robust occupational safety culture in which both management and employees exercise responsibility, and are motivated to conduct themselves correctly in order to promote safety in our day-to-day work.
At SINTEF, HSE issues are assigned the highest priority – the safety of our employees is paramount to all other considerations. Our HSE policy applies to all SINTEF-related activities, both in Norway and overseas.
- SINTEF shall comply with rules, regulations and other requirements, and through good leadership ensure continuous improvement.
- HSE is a responsibility of management and shall form an integral part of our day-to-day work. Our employees are obliged to make an active contribution.
- SINTEF has a clear vision calling for zero levels of accident, injury, damage and loss. We will do our utmost to protect our employees and those with whom we work from accidents and work-related illnesses.
- SINTEF wishes to maintain a sound and health-promoting working environment. SINTEF wishes to have a management team that is transparent, inclusive and inspirational. Our employees shall receive acknowledgement for their efforts in an environment in which they can develop by means of interaction and teamwork. All SINTEF employees shall be treated with respect and dignity.
HSE is given top priority at SINTEF – the safety of our staff is more important than any other consideration. The HSE policy applies to all SINTEF-related activities in Norway and abroad. HSE is a management responsibility and should form part of our daily routine, in which our employees are required to participate.
The HSE Handbook provides an overall description of SINTEF's internal management system as it pertains to health and the working environment, the external environment and safety.