This not only takes advantage of the beneficial thermophysical properties of all nanofluids, but also the phenomenon of thermomagnetic pumping in ferrofluids. We develop and implement models for such heat transfer systems, in order to assess potential and optimize for specific applications.
- Development and implementation of simulation models for thermomagnetically pumped ferrofluid cooling systems.
- Optimization of cooling system and ferrofluid composition.
- Modelling combines expertise from diverse fields such as electromagnetism, nanotechnology, statistical mechanics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and numerical methods.
- Models utilize our unique expertise on the connection between flow phenomena and multi-phase thermodynamics, to enable the simulation of the two-phase flow of a wide array of real world fluids.
Typical projects may involve:
- Assessing the potential benefit of ferrofluid cooling for the customer's specific application.
- Optimizing the ferrofluid cooling system for the customer's specific application.
- Developing customized simulation tools
- Journal papers:
- Blog posts: