We apply our expertise within micro- and nanotechnology combined with domain-specific competence as a base to develop miniaturized solutions for a wide range of application areas such as in vitro diagnostics, Life Science research, implantable sensors, and environmental analysis.
Our project portfolio ranges from high-impact fundamental research projects in collaboration with domestic and international academic institutions, to innovation projects for industrial clients where we utilize our unique competence to assist in the development of next generation commercial products.
We use theoretical and computational design tools for concept development and device design. In our state-of-the-art fabrication facilities at SINTEF MiNaLab we develop and manufacture prototype devices as well as commercial products. Development of functional demonstrators and device characterization and testing is performed in our microfluidics lab.
We offer R&D services within the following areas:
- Micro- and nanofabrication of sensors and microfluidic devices
- fabrication and prototyping in silicon, glass, polymers
- integration and packaging
- wide range of characterization techniques
- concept development, design, modelling
- fabrication, characterization, testing
- development of systems for flow control
- Lab-on-a-Chip platforms for automation and parallelization of bioassays, in vitro diagnostics
- Micro physiological systems: cells, organoids, Organ-on-Chip
- Biosensors: e.g. electrochemical, photonic, piezoelectric
- In vivo (implantable) sensors and transdermal sensing of physiological parameters
- Sample preparation: filtration, separation, extraction
- Ultrasonic devices
- Microfluidic flow control devices: micropumps, microvalves
Please don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your project needs!