Technological, industrial, and societal perspectives on the Green Deal implementation.
After cancellation of the PYROCO2 Public Launch Event in December 2021 due to COVID-19, we are now happy to announce the new date for the event, taking place at the same venue and with a similarly exciting overall programme as originally planned.
SINTEF and the EU Green Deal project PYROCO2 are welcoming you to the public event "Sustainable value creation from industrial CO2 - Technological, industrial, and societal perspectives on the Green Deal implementation".
The programme will feature presentations and discussions involving industry, policymakers, research organisations, and other societal stakeholders that will guide the audience through key aspects of the objectives set by the EU Green Deal to achieve a sustainable climate-neutral Europe by 2050.
The three sessions of the event will cover:
- The Green Deal and the green industry transition - Roles of industry, legislation, and public funding. Here we will address the central roles played by industry, policymakers, and public funding agencies to accelerate and stimulate the green transition.
- Integrated carbon management for a circular economy. This session covers the critical importance of carbon management and how this needs to be taken into serious consideration to achieving a thriving, circular economy. Within the topic of integrated carbon management, we will hear about plans, ambitions and success stories already implemented at a large scale.
Technical solutions for more sustainable manufacturing processes. This closes the event with a synopsis on the role of science and technology as the master tool to achieve a green transition at the industrial level. Here, a key topic is the interaction between industry and research as a means of channelling the innovation directly into manufacturing processes.
Draft agenda (to be updated continuously)
10.00 - 10.30 Meet and greet / Registration
10.30 - 12.00 The Green Deal and the green industry transition – Roles of industry, legislation, and public funding
10.30 - 10.50 Opening of the PYROCO2 project event, Welcome addresses
Opening of the event:
- Eli Aamot, Executive Vice President, SINTEF
- Robin Kåss – Mayor of Porsgrunn municipality
- Terje Riis Johansen, Mayor of the County Council of Vestfold and Telemark
10.50 - 11.20 Keynote addresses
- Mari Sundli Tveit, Chief Excecutive of the Research Council of Norway
- +1-2 other high-ranking speakers from policy, European Commission, and/or industry; to be confirmed
11.20 - 12.00 Panel discussion (led by professional moderator)
- Eli Aamot, SINTEF
- Mari Sundli Tveit, Research Council of Norway
- Jean-Luc Dubois, ARKEMA, France
- N.N., Herøya Industripark
- Keynote address speaker(s) (to be confirmed)
12.00 - 13.00 Lunch
13.00 - 14.40 Integrated carbon management for a circular economy
13.00 - 13.15 Presentation: Anastasios Perimenis - Secretary General, CO2 Value Europe (online participation)
13.15 - 13.30 Presentation: Ole Jørgen Marvik - Sector Head, Health and Life Sciences at Innovation Norway
13.30 - 13.45 Tor Gautestad – Project leader CCS at Heidelberg Cement/NORCEM
13.45 - 14.00 Presentation: Birgit Lewandowski – Director of development, Electrochaea GmbH, Germany
14.00 - 14.40 Panel discussion (led by professional moderator)
- Anastasios Perimenis, CO2 Value Europe (online participation)
- Ole Jørgen Marvik, IN
- Tor Gautestad, NORCEM
- Birgit Lewandowski, Electrochaea GmbH
- Alexander Wentzel, SINTEF
14.40 - 15.00 Coffee break
15.00 - 16.45 Technical solutions for more sustainable manufacturing processes
15.00 - 15.15 Presentation: N.N.
15.15 - 15.30 Presentation: Torbjørn Ø. Jensen - CEO of SecondCircle, Denmark
15.30 - 15.45 Presentation: N.N.
15.45 - 16.00 Coffee break
16.00 - 16.15 Presentation: Francisco Girio – LNEG, Portugal
16.15 - 16.30 Presentation: Håvard Sletta, SINTEF, Leader of Centre for Research-Based Innovation on Industrial Biotechnology (SFI-IB)
16.30 - 16.45 Presentation: Duncan Akporiaye, SINTEF, Leader of Centre for Environmentally Friendly Energy (FME) Bio4Fuels
16.45 - 17.00 Closing remarks: N.N. - Vestfold and Telemark County Council
The PYROCO2 project is an Innovation Action by 20 partner organisations from 11 different countries aiming at showing scalability of a new biotechnological route to produce acetone as a platform for manufacturing fuels, chemicals and recyclable materials from industrial CO2 and green hydrogen. The project will until 2026 develop, build and operate a large-scale demonstration facility at Herøya Industrial Park in Porsgrunn, Norway, as a lighthouse for innovative Carbon Capture and Utilisation technologies in Norway, Europe, and beyond.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101037009.