Collection of data and control of distributed systems require ever more devices to be connected to wired or wireless communication networks. All these connection smust be handled in an efficient manner to avoid high requirements on hardware and energy consumption. Devices shall be able to connect and configure automatically, and security is a high priority to avoid creating new risks of faults and attacks.
We work within these areas:
- IoT sensors with low cost and low energy consumption
- Communication technology for IoT, such as LoRaWAN, 4G and 5G mobile networks
- Scalability and real-time aspects of communication systems and cloud services
- Information security and reliability
Typical projects for us are:
- Analysis and planning of communication networks for specific use cases
- Analysis of security challenges and solutions in complex systems
The methods we use are:
- Prototyping and system design
Why choose SINTEF?
SINTE has a broad competence covering all aspects of communication systems and security, and a strong understanding of requirements from different industries and use cases.
Who are we doing this for?