We work within these areas:
- Low emission (NOx, particles)
- Combustion systems for thermal heat and power units, including CCS
Typical projects for us are:
- Improvement of burner - combustion chamber interaction (heat radiation, temperature, NOx, CO, etc.)
- Selection and design of combustion units for new and retrofit applications
- Use of waste and byproduct fuels and their effect on burner operation, performance, and emissions
The methods we use are:
- Experimental facilities from lab to pilot scale combustion units, with advanced measurement capability (flame diagnostic methods, updated gas analyser park, laser diagnostics)
- High level expertise in both in-house and commercial (Fluent(c)) CFD codes and combustion kinetics
Why choose SINTEF?
Norwegian leading combustion group and good record track on burner development.
Who are we doing this for?
Our clients are power, heat and industrial process systems supplier for domestic and industrial market, the Research Council of Norway, H2020.
Low NOx burner patented technology, Flameless combustion (MOCCA), BIGH2, HIPROX