Svend Tollak Munkejord is chief scientist in multiphase flow modelling at SINTEF Energy Research, where he has been employed since 1998. He has worked within different research employing mathematical and numerical flow modelling and experiments, emphasizing the coupling of thermos and fluid dynamics. Munkejord has co-supervised 8 PhD candidates. He has been an employee representative on the board of SINTEF Energy Research, and he currently leads the Tekna committee at the institute.
PhD in applied mechanics, thermo- and fluid dynamics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU, 2006). Thesis: Analysis of the two-fluid model and the drift-flux model for numerical calculation of two-phase flow.
MSc (sivilingeniør) in mechanical engineering, NTNU (1997). Master's thesis: Heat transfer and pressure drop in extruded aluminium tubes.
Competence and research areas
• Mathematical modelling and numerical analysis of multiphase flows.
• CO2 transportation and injection – dynamics and safety.
• Coupled modelling and experimental investigation.
• Heat and mass transfer.
• Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) coding and robust code development.
• Project management and development. Editor of multi-participant project proposals.
• Supervision of students on master and PhD level.
• Written and oral communication.
• Norwegian, English, French, German, Spanish.