Research Director of Thermal Energy department within SINTEF Energy Research, managing and coordinating teams and experts focusing on R&D within energy efficiency, energy storage, thermal energy systems, bioenergy and decarbonisation of industrial processes.
MSc from NTNU, Department of energy and process engineering, 1998
PhD from NTNU, Department of energy and process engineering, 2006 (in collaboration with Rolls-Royce Ulstein Turbine AS). Thesis entitled: "Environmental use of natural gas in a gas turbine".
Competence and research areas
• Strategy, management and administration, large projects
• Efficient processes, heating and cooling, energy intensive industries
• Oil and gas processing
• Gas Turbines: components/system development, alternative cycles, low emission combustion
• Environmental aspects of combustion (CO2 mitigation and NOx reduction)
• CO2 capture, transport and storage – technological and overview, components and value chain