Ane is a geologist, with a PhD in structural geology. She has been employed at SINTEF for over 20 years in several positions from researcher to Research Director. At present she is working as Senior Researcher at Applied Geoscience, where she does research on overpressure and fluid flow in the underground and try to understand the effect of faults and caprocks over millions of years. In addition to 3D pressure modelling, she does research on CO2 storage (CCS).
2000-2004 Dr. Scient in Structural Geology, University in Bergen, Norway 1995-1998 Can.Scient from the UiB in Structural/Petroleum Geology 1993-1994 The University Courses on Svalbard (UNIS), lower grade in geology 1991-1994 Can. Mag from the University in Bergen
Competence and research areas
Her main field of interest is in 3D pressure modelling; on basin and field scale for drilling campaigns. She has been working with modelling of CO2 storage in the underground, and with modelling of fluid flow in weathered basement. To be able to do simulations, she is used to work with logs, seismic (using Petrel) etc. For the simulations, the is used to work with Pressim and PressureAhead (SINTEF own codes), but also Eclipse. She has been doing field work in Brumunddal, Spitsbergen and in Sunnfjord. She has also been on excursion in Spain, France, Italy, Utah, Cyprus and Turkey.
- How to evaluate and quantify safe CO2 storage? Workflow demonstration on the Smeaheia area, offshore Norway
- Pressure control and conformance management for safe and efficient CO2 storage – lessons learned in the Pre-ACT project
- Upscaled modelling of natural fracturing and leakage due to high overpressures
- Pilot field trial of real-time pore pressure and well stability updates in a digital twin
- Stochastic Monte-Carlo simulations of the effect of smectite-illite transformation in shales on pore pressures build up
- Digitized uncertainty handling of pore pressure and mud-weight window ahead of bit: north sea example
- Storage Resources for Future European CCS Deployment; A Roadmap for a Horda CO2 Storage Hub, Offshore Norway
- Deliverable D3.2.4 Storage options relevant for the Norwegian cluster and their development, Norway
- Large-scale dynamic pressure modelling, Horda Platform area