Matrix Fitting Toolbox
This package (Matrix_Fitting_Toolbox_1.zip) contains Matlab routines for generating a multi-port rational model from tabulated data in the frequency domain. It is applicable to both Y-parameter and S-parameter data sets. It is intended to replace the previous mtrxfit.zip by offering superior computational speed and robustness.
- VFdriver.m calculates a rational model starting from a tabulated data (square matrix) in the frequency domain. It makes use of routine
vectfit3.m, also contained in the package. The returned result is a pole-residue model as well as the associated state-space model. The model has guaranteed stable poles.
- RPdriver.m perturbs the model generated by VFdriver.m such that it becomes passive, by perturbing the eigenvalues of the its residue matrices. The model can represent both Y-parameter data and S-parameter data. The routine also takes care of the passivity assessment.
Restrictions of use:
- Embedding the program code in any commercial software is strictly prohibited.
- If the code is used in a scientific work, then reference should me made to the following publications:
VFdriver.m and vectfit3.m:
- B. Gustavsen and A. Semlyen, "Rational approximation of frequency domain responses by Vector Fitting", IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1052-1061, July 1999. Link
- B. Gustavsen, "Improving the pole relocating properties of vector fitting", IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1587-1592, July 2006. Link
- D. Deschrijver, M. Mrozowski, T. Dhaene, and D. De Zutter, “Macromodeling of Multiport Systems Using a Fast Implementation of the Vector Fitting Method”, IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 383-385, June 2008. Link
RPdriver.m and FRP.m:
- A. Semlyen and B. Gustavsen, “A half-size singularity test matrix for fast and reliable passivity assessment of rational models”, IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 345-351, January 2009.
- B. Gustavsen, “Fast passivity enforcement for pole-residue models by perturbation of residue matrix eigenvalues”, IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 2278-2285, October 2008.
- B. Gustavsen and A. Semlyen, “Fast passivity assessment for S-parameter rational models via a half-size test matrix”, IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory And Techniques, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 2701-2708, December 2008.
- B. Gustavsen, “Fast passivity enforcement for S-parameter models by perturbation of residue matrix eigenvalues”, IEEE Trans. Advanced Packaging, accepted.