We research the economic effects of innovation and change processes in public and private sectors. This knowledge is vital for sustainably prioritizing resources. Our expertise is analysis and method development within regional economics, business development, cost-benefit analysis, industrial economics, ripple effect analysis, and evaluation.
Socio-economic expertise is implemented in projects the whole SINTEF group, and we work towards several industries and sectors, for example:
- Value creation and ripple effect analyzes for the Norwegian seafood industry
- Economic impact evaluation of welfare technology
- National framework conditions and potential for the hydrogen investment in Norway
- Regional economic effects of increased profitability and efficiencies in regional forestry, Nordland
- Robust and cost-effective drinking water supply in Oslo municipality