The building process encompasses the entire life cycle of a building, from requirements clarification, programming, idea and concept development, to design and construction, operation and use phase and finally disposal.
In a rapidly changing and increasingly competitive BAE industry, new knowledge about building processes is more important than ever. Both the authorities and the industry are calling for a boost in skills. Do you or your company want to shape the building processes of the future together with our experts and partners?
SINTEF has provided knowledge about building processes for over sixty years, and we contribute as both researchers and specialist advisers.
Why do we need research for better building processes?
Today, high demands are placed on competence and management, innovative thinking and the ability to change throughout the construction industry's value chain; from authorities and builders, architects and advisers, contractors, manufacturers and suppliers.
A good construction process contributes to:
- Solutions that take into account the environment and climate, health and welfare, migration and urbanisation
- Value creation, international competitiveness and productivity
- The companies' profitability
- The projects' quality, efficiency and goal attainment
We work within these areas:
- Project and engineering management
- Quality in the building process
- Technology utilisation
- Integrated processes and interaction
- Management and learning in a life-course perspective
- Architecture and building practices