Research group Electrolysis and High Temperature Materials
- Sustainable electrochemical production of metals and alloys from both primary and secondary sources.
- New electrochemical processes with elimination of CO2 emissions and new CCS ready process solutions.
- Recycling concepts for critical raw materials and metals.
- Large scale electricity storage in new battery technologies based on metals and molten salts.
- Carbon, bio-carbon and refractories development with quality control test methods and advanced analysis.
- Fluoride and chloride chemistry
- Molten salt electrolysis
- Aqueous solutions electrolysis
- Molten salt/metal batteries
- Carbon electrode technology
- Bio-carbon and bio-binders
- Gas analysis of process gas/emissions
- Molten salt laboratories
- Aqueous solutions laboratories
- High temperature furnaces (to 1700 °C)
- Electrochemical methods and instrumentations
- Refractories and Carbon test methods and analysis methods
- Advanced material characterisation (XRD, SEM/OM, CT, LECO, Laser Flash)
- Software modelling