The LowEmission Research Centre will develop new technologies and concepts for offshore energy systems, energy efficiency and integration with renewable power production technologies for application on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS).
Research group Drilling and Well
We offer solutions and R&D services for well materials, drilling fluids and control of flow conditions in the well during drilling.
- Drilling of wells for oil and gas, CO2 storage and geothermal energy
- Monitoring of the drilling operation
- Automated drilling
- Hydraulics and well control
- Transport of drilling cuttings
- Well integrity
- Well plugging (P&A)
- Applications covering environmentally friendly utilization of both fossil and renewable energy; oil&gas, CO2 storage and geothermal energy
- Advanced test facilities and laboratories at small and medium scales
- Software, models and algorithms for the drilling and well industry
- Solutions providing low carbon footprint and significant cost reduction
- Key roles in several large research centers and national R&D infrastructures: SFI SWIPA, NorPALabs and LowEmission
The Norwegian P&A Laboratories project will set up a full-range lab facilities for safe and cost-efficient plugging and abandonment of wells. The institutions SINTEF (project owner), NORCE, NTNU and UiS, together organised as Norwegian P&A...
The SFI-initiative SWIPA aims to obtain a scientific understanding of permanent well barriers and allocate for improved well barrier design methodologies. This will benefit long term well integrity, addressing costs, materials, barrier lengths and...