The task of the SmartRegions project was to promote the uptake of innovative smart metering services such as informative billing and feedback, variable tariffs and demand response services that have the most potential to bring about energy savings and peak load reduction.
The project activities have included:
- Monitoring the smart metering landscape in European countries, and providing recommendations for the policy and regulatory frameworks to promote smart metering services;
- Defining the best practices in innovative smart metering services and creating a tool to analyze economic, environmental and social costs and benefits;
- Promoting the best practices in innovative smart metering services in the project regions and by promoting exemplary smart metering services as models for other Member States and regions.
SINTEF Energi AS was a partner in the EU-project "SmartRegions".
- Eidsiva Nett, Anne S. Nysæther
- Hafslund, Per Edvard Lund
- NVE, Arne Venjum
- NTE, Torbjørn Opland
- Istad Nett, Gerhard Eidså
- Powel, Kjetil Storset
- Skagerak Nett, Ivan Schytte
- EB, Rune Kvam
- Agder, Trond Holvik
- EnergiNorge, Audun H. Wilberg
- Jyväskylä Innovation Ltd (project coordination), Finland
- Benet Ltd / Central Finland Energy Agency, Finland
- SINTEF Energi AS, Norway
- EnCT GmbH, Germany
- Austrian Energy Agency, Austria
- NL Agency, The Netherlands
- The Polish National Energy Conservation Agency, Poland
- Institute for Studies and Power Engineering (ISPE), Romania
- University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- ESCAN, S.A., Spain
Enova SF was financing the Norwegian activity in connection with the project.