- Desire to increase understanding of interaction between CO2 rich well flows with reservoir water. The project builds on earlier BIP project CO2 IT IS competence and infrastructure. Depressurization, shut-in, steady state injection and start-up experiments will be executed, after designing and construction a vertical demonstration well.
- Improve quality of simulation tools for CO2 flow simulation and build knowledge on well and well reservoir interaction necessary for further CCS realization.
- SINTEF will contribute with expert knowledge on infrastructure design of CO2 transport systems and modelling and simulations of pipe dynamics as well as fluid properties. SINTEF will be responsible for constructing the facility at Gløshaugen in Trondheim, and executing the experimental campaign. In-house codes for fluid dynamics and thermodynamics will be used for planning, design verification and comparison of results.
- SINTEF Energi AS, Equinor ASA and Total E&P Norge AS are partners.
- DeFACTO is a CLIMIT Demo project which is partially funded by Gassnova.
The 10th Trondheim CCS Conference is an internationally leading CCS conference. It is held June 17-19 in Trondheim, Norway. At the Conference, international researchers, policy makers, industry and academia gather to present and discuss the latest CCS research.