About CleanOff Hub
Main objective: Develop innovative, cost-efficient concepts for clean offshore energy hubs for supplying low-carbon heat and power to existing and planned offshore oil and gas clusters.
This will be possible by achieving the following sub-objectives:
- Provide two optimised hub concepts: one based on renewables and hydrogen energy storage, and one based on compact carbon capture.
- Identify viable ways of ensuring a stable voltage and frequency for the optimised energy hub concepts, including converter control and power management strategies.
- Identify CO2 capture technologies that deliver a high degree of decarbonisation of energy production, while ensuring efficiency, low manning and compactness.
- Develop methodologies for co-optimizing the heat and power supply in the offshore energy system, and conceptualise the hubs at sea.
- Identify the potential of the hub concepts to decarbonise offshore oil & gas production, and outline a roadmap towards sustainability in the Norwegian petroleum sector.
- Educate one Postdoc researcher and at least two master's students on the topics of hydrogen storage technologies modelling and system design and integration.
Organisation, management and contacts:
- Luca Riboldi, project manager
- Olve Mo will lead WP1
- Rahul Anantharaman will lead WP2
- Mari Voldsund will lead WP3
- Stefania Gardarsdottir will lead WP4
- Magne Hillestad, NTNU