With SMEs and MEs (micro enterprises) accounting for 99% of the total number of enterprises and 57% of total European value added, it is imperative to support and equip them with the right tools to protect themselves against cyber-crime.
CyberKit4SME will provide cyber security tools that help SMEs and MEs become aware of, analyse, forecast and manage cyber security and data protection risks. The toolkit will provide sophisticated levels of analysis and protection in a manner that is low-cost, easy to understand, and collaborative in nature.
The developed toolkit will consist of:
- Offline risk modelling tools to support ISO 27005 risk analysis and privacy and data protection ‘by design’.
- Offline tools to address human- and organisational risks aimed at non-experts.
- Online cyber security risk monitoring based on collaborative security intelligence and event management (SIEM) tool.
- Affordable and easy-to-use services to guarantee the security and integrity of data.
- Cyber security incident reporting and security intelligence sharing support by a secure, privacy-aware blockchain framework, allowing SMEs to collaborate with CERTs, supply chain partners and other SMEs.
The project will use its tools and demos to train SMEs/MEs to identify their top threats and recognise and address them with greater confidence.
Results will be validated by SMEs in four critical sectors: