SINTEF Energi is responsible for the activity on CO2 capture from Waste-to-Energy plants by oxy-fuel combustion and hybrid technologies with CO2 membranes.
- See the project website for more information and results:
Negative Emissions in the Waste-to-Energy Sector: Technologies for Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage
SINTEF will be the national sub-project leader for Norway within NEWEST-CCUS and will perform research on the oxy-fuel technology and assess its application as a hybrid method in combination with CO2 membrane capture in collaboration with RETURKRAFT.
The norwegian industrial partners acting as industrial advisers are:
The Waste-to-Energy plant operators:
- REG - Renovasjons- og gjenvinningsetaten Oslo Kommune
- BIR Avfallsenergi AS (Bergen)
- Returkraft (Kristiansand)
- Statkraft Varme AS (Trondheim)
The gas and membranes supplier:
Test centre for developing CO2 capture technologies:
The project is gathering research and industrial partners from:
- the Netherlands