The technical condition of systems protecting petroleum facilities needs to be closely monitored to maintain a high safety level in the Norwegian petroleum activities, As of today, follow-up of technical condition requires considerable manual effort in extracting and interpreting data from various systems. Digitalization and increased automation may contribute to improved data accuracy and control of safety system reliability as well as more cost-effective operations. Thus, more time may be spent on identifying and implementing long-term reliability improvement measures.
The following industry partners participate in the project:
- supplier of safety systems: Kongsberg Maritime and Siemens,
- consulting company: Lloyd's Register and Safetec,
- engineering company: Aker Solutions,
- operating company implementing the solutions: Aker BP, ConocoPhillips, Equinor, Lundin, Repsol, and Teekay.
- SINTEF and NTNU contribute with research-based methods and knowledge.
The project is supported by the PETROMAKS 2 program in the Research Council of Norway.