Our services assist the industry in providing detailed experiments and models in order to optimize the construction and operation of equipment with respect to efficiency and costs. Our partners include research institutions and industry, both in Norway and abroad.
We work in these areas:
- Liquefaction of natural gas (LNG)
- Process design and optimization
- Oil and gas processing
- New concepts for subsea oil/water/gas separation
We tackle various uncertainties in the fundamental phenomena relevant for oil/gas/water separation through combining experiments and modelling. We have more than a decade of experience with electrocoalescence modeling and experiments from three successive electrocoalescence projects where the influence of electric fields on water drops both in model and real crude oils are studied using optical and near-infrared high speed cameras. We also have eight years of experience with designing and executing experiments to investigate liquid droplet phenomena in gas environments through projects such as Low-Emission LNG Systems. Here the efforts have been focused on capturing liquid droplets in gas impinging on various target liquid surfaces using high-speed photography. Empirical models based on dimensional analysis are determined and compared with detailed two-phase flow modeling.
Typical activities for us are:
- Experimental investigations of two-phase flow phenomena using high-speed cameras
- Advanced modeling of two-phase flow
- Electrocoalescense of oil droplets in water, experiments and modeling
- Developing future projects for gravimetric separation of oil/water subsea