The European Lean Educator Conference (ELEC2021) is dedicated to fostering knowledge exchange within academia as well as between academic institutions and industry.
This year’s conference theme is: Learning in the Digital Era – and the event shall be both physical and digital.
ELEC distinguishes lean thinking as a broad management and operations improvement philosophy. It is fully grounded in science and supported by a continually growing set of methods, techniques and tools. All participants are sure to take home practical lessons-learned from one another.
Please put together a 50-150 word abstract of your academic / industrial paper or presentation idea and send it to as a manifestation of interest. We welcome abstracts from both academics and practitioners addressing a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- Teaching and learning Lean Thinking
- Lean programs
- Lean transformations
- Lean education
- Blended learning
- Agile / Scrum
- Lean games
- Lean leadership
- Lean coaching
- Lean sensei
- Lean supplier development
- Action Research and Action Learning
- 9th April 2021 – New deadline for submission of abstracts*
- 28th May 2021 – Submission of full-papers
- 20th June 2021 – Registration opens
- 2nd July 2021 – Notification of full-paper acceptance
- 20th September 2021 – Final submission of camera-ready papers & early bird registration closes
- 25th-27th October 2021 – Main conference
*Abstracts are required for both paper and presentation ideas. Full papers will be published in the ELEC2021 conference proceedings with ISBN. However, submission of full papers is not mandatory.
- Early bird: 4000,- NOK (closes September 20th)
- Regular: 5000,- NOK
- Students: 2000,- NOK