We work within these areas:
- Capture of surplus heat from process streams and hot surfaces; compact and effective heat exchange
- Conversion of surplus heat to electrical power; technology development and system-optimization.
- We have unique expertise within CO2-technology (transcritical processes)
- Cost estimation and techno-economic analysis
Typical projects for us are:
- Development of new concepts to solve concrete issues
- Develop and optimize energy efficient and competitive system solutions
- Analyse, evaluate and compare technology options and concepts
- Optimize configuration and operational parameters in power producing cycle
- Optimize heat exchanger design
The methods we use are:
SINTEF develops knowledge and new technology through a well-balanced mix of theoretical understanding, numerical modelling and experimental investigations. We have advanced in-house models for i.a.
- Non-stationary processes and dynamic system simulation
- Optimization or analysis of operating parameters and part-load properties
- Optimization of complex system layouts
- Detailed component models, with a particular focus on the heat exchangers
Who are we doing this for?
- The material, metal and chemical industry
- The oil and gas industry
- Shipping and marine
- Technology venders