Read the #SINTEFenergy-blog for the story on SuperSmart: How we are going to develop an EcoLabel for European supermarkets.
Research centre: HighEff
Centre for an Energy Efficient and Competitive Industry for the Future
Norway is a major exporter of gas and oil, but production of machinery, chemical products, metal industry, pulp and paper are also large exporting industries. Having a Norwegian competetive industry, is important for the Norwegian economy. Norway is a high-cost country, so building an energy-efficient industry will make it more competetive as well as cutting emissions. This is what the HighEff-project will aim to do.
Duration: 2016 – 2024
Budget (million NOK): approx 500
Centre Director: Anne Karin Hemmingsen
HighEFF will help ensure that Norway has the world's greenest industries
- 20% to 30% reduction in energy consumption
- 10% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- increased value creation in Norway
- Energy efficient processes and components
- Competitive Norwegian industry
- We believe utilising low-temperature waste heat will be a game-changer. This will enable the industry to sell this waste heat. Find out more here.
* This text is background information for the participants at the "On Beyond Oil"-event.