As the demand for clean energy continues to rise, PV systems offer a scalable and sustainable solution, but it needs to be combined with storage.
By harnessing solar energy, PV systems can power a big portion of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. However, the intermittent nature of solar power necessitates the integration of energy storage systems. Energy storage technologies, such as batteries, enable the storage of excess solar energy for use during periods of low or no sunlight, ensuring a reliable and continuous power supply. This combined approach of PV and storage can contribute to a greener and more sustainable future of electrification.
In this workshop, the research activities and some results from the Indian-Norway bilateral project PVBESS will be presented. In addition, researchers and professors working on the topic from different universities, institutes and projects will give presentations relevant to the context of solar and energy storage integration.
Agenda (Norwegian / Indian time):
- 09:00 / 12:30 Welcome to the workshop (Raymundo E. Torres-Olguin, SINTEF)
- 09:05 / 12:35 PVBESS project (Raymundo E. Torres-Olguin, SINTEF)
- 09:20 / 12:50 Design of dc/dc converters, control and experimental work (Subhasis Nayak, Indian Institute of Technology)
- 09:40 / 13:10 Energy management for solar PV and energy storage (Raymundo E. Torres-Olguin, SINTEF)
- 10:00 / 13:30 MMC converter control for PV and energy storage (Salvatore D'Arco/Giuseppe Guid, SINTEF)
- 10:20 / 13:50 Coffee break
- 10:30 / 14:00 Collaboration between India and Norway (Raymundo E. Torres-Olguin/Anandarup Das, SINTEF/Indian Institute of Technology)
- 10:40 / 14:10 Activities in NTNU in solar group /FME (Steve Voller/Ole Morten Midtgård, NTNU)
- 11:05 / 14:35 What is the status of solar PV and the future perspective in Norway? (Jarard Hole, NVE/NTNU)
- 11:20 / 14:50 Regulation in India for massive integration of Solar PV (Anandarup Das, Indian Institute of Technology)
- 11:35 / 15:05 Final remarks (Raymundo E. Torres-Olguin, SINTEF)