The project covers the design and set-up of the process, the process operation and overall Techno-Economical assessments.
The history of the project goes back to two former initiatives; the IndNor project Ecolodge (hosted by NTNU) and the ERACo-Biotech project BESTER (hosted by SINTEF) targeting the production of butanol, butyric acid and butyl-butyrate.
Agenda and speakers
- 11:00 - 11:10 Introduction, Bernd Wittgens (SINTEF)
- 11:10 - 11:30 Process Design for two integrated bioreactors with in-situ product recovery, Henri Steinweg (KiT), Benjamin Glünz (KiT)
- 11:30 - 11:50 Practical fermentation challenges during operation and how to overcome these, Christian Kröly (Univ. Ulm)
- 11:50 - 12:10 Electro-dialysis: membranes for recovery of carboxylic acids, Hannah Graute (KiT)
- 12:10 - 12.30 Technical and economical Evaluation, Henri Steinweg (KiT), Bernd Wittgens (SINTEF)
- 12:30 – 12.50 Highlights from the BESTER project:
- Conversion of the solvent producer Clostridium saccharoperbutylacetonicum into a butyrate producer, Saskia Baur (ULM)
- The enzymatic Esterification process, Francesca Di Bartolomeo (SINTEF)
- 12:50 – 13:00 Summary / Questions, Bernd Wittgens (SINTEF)