The PYROCO2 Public Launch Event on Wednesday 8.12 is cancelled, due to COVID concerns and public restrictions. The Event is postponed to a later date, to be defined.
Sustainable value creation from industrial CO2
Technological, industrial, and societal perspectives on the Green Deal implementation.
SINTEF and the EU Green Deal project PYROCO2 are welcoming you to the public event "Sustainable value creation from industrial CO2 - Technological, industrial, and societal perspectives on the Green Deal implementation".
The programme will feature presentations and discussions involving industry, policymakers, research organisations, and other societal stakeholders that will guide the audience through key aspects to achieve the objectives set by the EU Green Deal to achieve a sustainable climate-neutral Europe by 2050.
The three sessions of the event will cover:
- The Green Deal and the green industry transition - Roles of industry, legislation, and public funding. Here we will address the central roles played by industry, policymakers and public funding agencies to accelerate and stimulate the green transition.
- Integrated carbon management for a circular economy. This session covers the critical importance of carbon management and how this needs to be taken into serious consideration to achieving a thriving, circular economy. Within the topic of integrated carbon management, we will hear about plans, ambitions and success stories already implemented at a large scale.
- Technical solutions for more sustainable manufacturing processes. This closes the event with a synopsis on the role of science and technology as the master tool to achieve a green transition at the industrial level. Here, a key topic is the interaction between industry and research as a means of channelling the innovation directly into manufacturing processes.
10.00 - 12.00 The Green Deal and the green industry transition - Roles of industry, legislation, and public funding
- 10.00 – 10.30 Meet and greet / Registration
- 10.30 – 10.50 Opening of the PYROCO2 project launch event
Alexandra Bech Gjørv, CEO, SINTEF
Welcome addresses: Robin Kåss – Mayor of Porsgrunn municipality, Terje Riis Johansen – Vestfold and Telemark County Mayor
- 10.50 – 11.00 Key note address:
Keynote speaker to be confirmed.
- 11.00 – 11.10 Key note address:
Maria Georgiadou – Senior Expert of the European Commission - (online participation)
- 11.10 – 11.20 Key note address:
Mari Sundli Tveit – Director General of the Research Council of Norway
11.20 – 12.00 Panel discussion
- Mari Sundli Tveit, RCN
- Alexandra Bech Gjørv, SINTEF
- Jean-Luc Dubois, ARKEMA
- Roald Guldbrandsen, NHO
- Sverre Gotaas, HIP
12.00 - 13.00 Lunch
13.00 - 14.30 Integrated carbon management for a circular economy
- 13.00 - 13.15 Presentation: Anastasios Perimenis - Secretary General, CO2 Value Europe (online participation)
- 13.15 - 13.30 Presentation: Ole Jørgen Marvik - Sector Head, Health and Life Sciences at Innovation Norway
- 13.30 - 13.45 Tor Gautestad – Project leader CCS at Heidelberg Cement/NORCEM
- 13.45 - 14.00 Presentation: Birgit Lewandowski - Director of development, Electrochaea GmbH
14.00 – 14.40 Panel discussion:
- Anastasios Perimenis, CO2 Value Europe (online participation)
- Ole Jørgen Marvik, IN
- Tor Gautestad, NORCEM
- Birgit Lewandowski, Electrochaea
- Butra Boonliang, SCG (online participation)
- Alexander Wentzel, SINTEF
14.40 - 15.00 Coffee break
15.00 - 16.45 Technical solutions for more sustainable manufacturing processes
- 15.00 - 15.15 Presentation: Kjetil Larsen, CEO of Norner Research AS
- 15.15 - 15.30 Presentation: Torbjørn Ø. Jensen - CEO of SecondCircle
- 15.30 - 15.45 Presentation: Xavier Baucherel - Principal Scientist at Johnson Matthey (online participation)
15.45- 16.00 Coffee break
- 16.00 - 16.15 Presentation: Francisco Girio - Member of Management Board Team of EERA-Bioenergy, LNEG
- 16.15 - 16.30 Presentation: Håvard Sletta, SINTEF, Leader of Centre for Research-Based Innovation on Industrial Biotechnology (SFI-IB)
- 16.30 - 16.45 Presentation: Duncan Akporiaye, SINTEF, Leader of Centre for Environmentally-Friendly Energy Bio4Fuels
16.45 – 17.00 Closing remarks: Ådne Naper, Vestfold and Telemark County Council
The PYROCO2 project is an Innovation Action by 20 partner organisations from 11 different countries aiming at showing scalability of a new biotechnological route to produce acetone as a platform for manufacturing fuels, chemicals and recyclable materials from industrial CO2 and green hydrogen. The project will until 2026 develop, build and operate a large-scale demonstration facility at Herøya Industrial Park in Porsgrunn, Norway, as a lighthouse for innovative Carbon Capture and Utilisation technologies in Norway, Europe, and beyond.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101037009.